Setting a password on your phone is a smart thing. Your password will be intercepted or used by your phone to prevent it from being lost or stolen. Forgetting or losing your phone password can be a frustrating experience. Your phone is in your hand, but you can’t access it or use it in any way!
If you forgot your password, you should reset your phone to use it again. That said, if you do it wrong, you could lose all your data – including messages, contacts, photos, and videos. Thankfully, we have some solutions for you! In this article, we will cover all of the choices when you are resetting or bypassing your iPhone’s forgotten password.
How to Reset Your Phone Password (If You Remember Your Password)
It’s really easy to remember or reset your phone’s password if you have access to your current password.
You do not have to go to Settings> General> Touch ID> Passcode (iOS 9/8/7) or Passcode Lock (iOS 6). Just enter your current password and click “Change Password.” Select Only a new passcode at this point. Simple! You are all set.
How to Reset Phone while Forgetting your Password
Well, it’s still no problem if you can’t remember the code you have! You just need to restore your device from this backup. Without restoring the code set information you have on your phone, you will wipe your phone clean and lose all of your data. This is definitely a good idea to get your phone back on a permanent basis.
Related: How to fix Facebook error on an android phone?
When you restore your phone, it will erase the content from your device (and it includes your password) and replace it with a backup that you saved in the past. The success of this method depends on your having a backup file available (always another good reminder to back up your phone)!
Try These 4 Solutions to Reset your Phone Password.
Reset locked phone passcode with iTunes (no password required when entering)
If you have forgotten the code on your phone, it is still possible to unlock your phone by using your iTunes account. 2 Requirements This is the solution: you have to sync a computer on your phone in the past (and not turn off that computer and (if it is, the following process to solve the second)) “Find My Phone” Requirements are required to access
If you want to restore from your phone via iTunes, follow these simple steps:
- Connect your phone to a PC or Mac that you normally have to sync. Open iTunes. If iTunes prompts you to enter the code that prompts you, you will need to follow the instructions below ‘Solution 3: Reset Locked Phone Password with Recovery Mode’ below.
- The device does not respond (or if the device does not automatically sync to iTunes) Sync the iTunes program on your phone to your Mac or your computer.
- When your backup and sync is complete, now you just need to restore your phone by selecting “Restore Phone”
- IOS Assistant Setup will then ask you to reset your phone then just click on “Restore from iTunes Backup.” On
At this point, all of your data (including the code you have) will be deleted from your phone, and it will be replaced by your backup files. Now you can set a new passcode and access your phone as usual!
Find my Phone with iCloud Reset Locked Phone Passcode
If you have the ‘Find My Phone’ feature enabled on your phone, you can use it for your forgotten passcode, and a new reset. It’s easy – just follow these simple steps. The solution demands that you “get on my phone”, and that you sync in the past.
- To go to icloud.com/#find and login with your Apple ID
- ‘Find your phone.’ Click on
- Click ‘All Devices’ at the top of your browser window.
- Select from the list of all devices on your phone. Click ‘Erase iPhone’ to erase your iPhone, along with the password you forgot now.
- Use Setup Assistant to restore the most recent backup of your device on your phone.
All of your data will be restored from iCloud backup as your old passcode will be erased. You should now be able to access your phone without entering a password.
Reset Passcode with Locked Phone Recovery Mode
If you’ve ever synced iTunes with your device, or if you don’t have My Phone Search on your phone enabled, you’ll need to use this recovery mode solution. This will erase all your data as it is a nerve-wracking option. Obviously this is not an ideal solution, and should only be used if nothing else works.
- Disconnect all cables from your phone and turn it off.
- Press and hold the home button as you connect iTunes to your phone. If your phone doesn’t work, turn it on manually.
- Hold the home button until you see the ‘Connect to iTunes’ screen. A message will appear saying that iTunes has detected a device in recovery mode.
- Now “OK.” Click on the Summary tab will appear in iTunes. Now you can click “Restore iPhone” and restore it from your phone.
Remember, recovery mode (including your passcode) will erase all of your data from your phone by resetting to factory defaults. You will have a brand new iPhone stored inside without any personal data.
Use Siri to Unlock your Phone without a Passcode
This was a previous security breach with Siri, and it has now been fixed. So, it won’t usually work – but it’s worth trying! One option on most phones is called “Allow access to Siri when locked with a passcode.”
Also, read one more helpful article to reset your Phone if forgot Password on TechMoog.
If this feature is enabled, Siri can allow access to a full range of functions without the need to enter a passcode. This feature can be a serious security factor for your phone and does not work for everyone.
Note: Although this method of unlocking your phone is available on some phones, it can really threaten your phone’s security. After unlocking your phone with Siri, you should then block it for the future by following these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” icon on your home screen.
- Select ‘General’ from the “Settings” menu.
- In the “General” menu, select the “Passcode Lock” option.
- “Allow access to locked Siri with a passcode” option for “F”