Microsoft Outlook application is the best email client which provide a wide range of features and functionalities. Most of the organizations and business use this application for internal as well as external communication. When the user account is configured in cache-enabled mode with the Exchange server Outlook creates the OST file. An OST file of Outlook contains all the mail items in the offline mode in system hard drive. Many time users want to Export OST to PST file. Let us understand the need why convert OST to PST file format.
As we know that the PST file is the profile independent file, the user can open it on any Outlook profile and can easily access the data, but this is not the same with the OST file.
Suppose if you want to move into another Outlook account, then the user first has to convert into PST file. There are other reasons to export OST to PST file. Let us discuss one by one.
Reasons to Convert OST to PST File Format
Here we have discussed the scenarios in which the user wants to convert the OST to PST file format.
- Due to OST file Corruption Problem – Sometimes due to OST file corruption the user wants to migrate the data in PST file format. Fixing a corrupt OST file is also a big headache. Here are the reasons due which the users OST file become corrupt.
- Abruptly shutdown of System.
- Hardware or software failure.
- Due to Virus or Malware infection.
- Network related issues.
- Wrong Termination of Outlook application
- In case Exchange Server Crash Issue – Sometimes due to power surge, malicious software, or virus infection, the Exchange server crashes without warning.
- In Case of Exchange Server Downtime Issue – In the period of Exchange server downtime or Exchange server maintenance, the user cannot be able to access the OST file. This might be the reason to export OST to PST file in order to access the mailbox data.
- File Accessibility – As we know that we cannot access the OST file data in any other profile. Whenever the OST file is created, an encryption code will be generated which ties a particular profile with the OST file. So to access the data in another account or computer the users has to convert it into PST file format. This will be one of the reasons to export OST to PST file format.
- To Recover the Accidentally Deleted data – If the user deletes the mailbox data from OST file then the user can restore the data by simply downloading the new OST file from the Exchange server. But in case if your data is not available on the Exchange server then by converting OST to PST file format with the help of professional software the user can easily recover the accidentally deleted data.
Manual Methods are there to perform the OST to PST migration process but don’t use manual techniques to transfer OST file data to Outlook PST file unless you are an advanced user.
Best and Perfect Solutions to Migrate OST to PST File format
As we have discussed the reasons to export OST to PST file format. So in case if the user wants to perform the migration process then the user can take the help of Emaildoctor OST to PST Converter application. This is most reliable and professional software to convert the Outlook OST file to PST / EML / MSG / Office 365 / HTML / PDF file formats. Also, this utility comes with the self instructive interface. For complete details and working of this software, the user can try the demo version of this software.
In this article, we have discussed the Top 5 reasons to export OST to PST file format. The user can perform the migration process with the help of the manual method. But in case if your OST file is corrupted or orphaned then the user cannot use the manual workaround. So in that case taking the help of the OST to PST file converter application to Convert OST to PST File is the perfect solution to perform this task.