A splendid natural stone that evokes timeless beauty, marble has remained a tasteful choice for flooring, feature walls, countertops, splashbacks, and so on. Using marble for the staircase is ideal in terms of aesthetics and functionality. Besides exuding a sense of luxury and sophistication to onlookers, marble adds sizable value to the house. So for homeowners who intend to sell in the distant future, installing a marble staircase is a practical investment with lucrative returns. In a nutshell, marble home interiors offer three-fold benefits of higher valuation, eye-catching beauty, and performance.
Advantages of Using Marble for Staircase
Using marble for staircases has far-reaching benefits for homeowners, as enlisted below:-
- Unparalleled Elegance– Be it marble staircases, marble worktops, or marble flooring, the innate sophistication and charisma cannot be replicated by any other natural or engineered stone. It is viewed as a status symbol, a modern style statement, as well as a mesmerizing work of art. Unlike any other material, marble staircases blend exceptionally well with all home decor elements, patterns, and colour schemes.
- Structural Durability– There is an innate structural durability and hardwearing nature associated with a high-quality natural stone like marble. The material being used for staircase construction should have the ability to endure heavy foot traffic. Hence engineered materials like quartz and porcelain are best avoided, while natural stones like marble and granite are the sturdiest and most popular choices.
- Massive Range of Design/Colour Choices– What makes marble for staircases an interesting choice is that no two slabs are alike. Formed over hundreds of years under the earth’s crust, limestone is subjected to high temperatures and pressure. This process is known as metamorphosis, which imparts distinct veining, streaks, and hues to every marble slab. From classic white and grey patterns to creamy white and silver, followed by rich black and gold, the options are delightfully endless.
- Increases Home Valuation– The higher the use of marble in home interiors, the higher will be the home valuation during the sale. Even while designing their dream home, homeowners should always keep the possibility of a property sale. Smart interior design choices like marble staircases and marble worktops will ensure that the investment now yields high returns when the house is up for sale.
- Hygienic and Hypoallergenic– Using wooden or carpeted stairs can pose grave concerns about cleanliness and hygiene. Materials that can harbour bacterial and fungal growth are best avoided in high-traffic areas like staircases. Marble is naturally hypoallergenic, deters bacterial growth, and is, therefore, a hygienic choice. Especially if there are pets at home or residents with allergies, using marble for staircases is the most sensible choice.
- Easy to Clean and Maintain– Many homeowners are wary of using marble owing to its tedious cleaning and maintenance hassles. But with the right installation and sealing process, there are no worries. The only thing one has to ensure is that only pH-neutral cleaners should be used on marble staircases. Harsh chemicals and abrasives should be kept away. The natural luminosity of marble can be easily maintained with periodic polishing, while sealing will ensure that spillages and dirt are easily wiped off without getting absorbed into the surface.
Since antiquity, marble staircases have been in vogue, with the first excavation traced back to the Early Roman Empire. While royal grandeur and luxury were priorities back then, the modern-day designer home also warrants a high-performing material. Opting for well-sealed, anti-slip, and customized slabs is the best choice for homeowners today. Not just marble staircases but marble flooring, worktops, benchtops, fountains, and feature walls collectively enhance the style quotient and the overall home value.