Harpic toilet bowl cleaner from Reckitt Benckiser owns nearly 70% of the market share. With an affordable Harpic toilet cleaner price, it is used extensively in offices, schools, hospitals, warehouses, and other places of work. It is a product associated with cleaning and killing germs in and around the toilet bowl. The product is effective in cleaning the toilets, but what is the composition that is used to manufacture the cleaner? The chemicals used determine the effectiveness of the toilet cleaner. Some of the chemicals are water-based, and others are alcohol-based. When combined with the right percentage of composition, the toilet cleaner becomes more effective.
Let’s take a look at some major chemicals used to manufacture Harpic Toilet bowl cleaner –
- Hydrochloric Acid (HCL): Hydrochloric acid attacks stains and other thick layers of dirt that get accumulated on the surface of the toilet bowl. Hydrochloric acid is also known as muriatic acid and is used to clean the topmost dirt layer. Harpic contains approximately 10.5% Hydrochloric acid, which works as a major acting agent.
- Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride (CTAC): Cetyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride is also known as Cetrimonium Chloride. It is a colourless pale yellow liquid which works as a wonderful surfactant that removes tough water stains. The acid also acts as a thickener for the Harpic toilet bowl cleaner.
- Methyl Salicylate: The colourless yellowish or reddish liquid regulates the odour and fragrance. The primary usage of the acid is to adjust the scent of the product to create a pleasant aroma before and after the use in the surroundings.
- HydroxyEthyl Oleylamine: The primary purpose of HydroxyEthyl Oleylamine is to make the cleaner denser. Its major function is to serve as a viscosifier and acid thickener. This non-ionic surfactant provides foam, corrosion inhibition, emulsification, texture and wetting in addition to its primary responsibilities as an acid thickener.
- Methylacrylamidoproplyl Trimethylammonium Chloride: Harpic toilet bowl cleaner also contains another surfactant named Methylacrylamidoproplyl Trimethylammonium Chloride. It is a cationic water-soluble monomer with approximately 50% active content.
- Water: Water is used as a liquid base for the cleaner.
Toilet bowl cleaners are used in the toilet for cleaning purposes. Harpic toilet bowl cleaner is an ammonia-free toilet descaler with superior antibacterial properties, and each ingredient in Harpic has its own specific purpose. The chemicals of Harpic mentioned above are known to kill bacteria and leave a pleasant odour when used regularly to clean the toilet bowl. Check out Harpic toilet cleaner price and get your product portfolio to contribute to flourishing sales.