A smartphone is more than a gadget. No doubt, it takes a lot of energy and time to identify this useful gadget that would best suit your needs, help you organize your busy life better. And once we do invest in a phone we love, we prefer to do everything to protect it, to make it last longer than usual. True?
Generally speaking, the problem is––smartphones are fragile items, and despite extra care most of us could destroy the phone screen or anything like that. But we do need to protect it as soon as we shop them, so the first thing you need to do is to get a good cover. Honestly, any smartphone has a slippery surface that makes it inevitable to rescue it during a fall without a case.
So, do smartphone covers really protect mobile device from damage? Yes, to a degree, they do — but one still needs to step ahead to take care of their phone.
Pros of Using a Case for your Phone
- Increases durability; adding an extra layer of padding.
- It adds an aesthetic appeal; people love to invest in a personalized phone case to speak a little more about themselves.
- Anti-slipping properties of a mobile case add the necessary bulk and texture to the sides and back of the phone, allows the person to get a better grip, hence, prevent accidental damage.
- Resistance against heat and dust because of the thermos-table material used in the case.
- Adds a resale value if you want to get it exchanged for a new model device.
Cons of Using a Case for your Phone
Even a phone case comes with a few drawbacks.
- The crevices and nooks can collect moisture and dust over time. If a user isn’t cleaning it regularly, it will grow bacteria and affect the device health.
- Also, when you put a cheap case on, it makes difficult for the battery to breathe––heat can collect moisture inside the phone.
- Some cases can hinder the phone’s functionality by either diminishing connectivity or signal strength from your phone. Moreover, it could stop the device from not functioning properly in the long run.
It’s true that smartphone cases add bulk to the mobile device and can hide cool aspects of its design. Also, if you’re not super careful with handling, a case can even damage your expensive phone. Debris and dirt can get caught between the phone and the case and scratch the phone’s finish.
Note: The smartphone cases that guarantee protection are a little costly, but worth the money.
Tips to Maintain Smartphone Health
Over time and experience, many of us have learned many phone practices that keep our device healthy and keep it’s functioning at maximum speed.
Wipe the screen slowly with a soft tissue
This will allow you to remove the dust and debris off the screen and allow it to keep functioning longer. Also, we have experienced that how facial oils add to the distress of our phone’s screen health.
Open a case at least once a month
Cases can often collect dust, moisture, and heat so give it a thorough wipe in the nooks of your phone. However, it depends on the material of the case but the earphone jacks and charging slot are the frequent victims. Users can easily do it once a week, or twice a month to protect the device.
Muslin cloth is a dear friend
Did you know? Muslin cloth does not have extra fibers so it’s completely safe to clean the surface of the phone. Also, it is the best idea to keep one handy in your bag. You’ll be glad to know that they are relatively inexpensive and gets clean quickly.
Take off your case for sometime
Allow the device to breathe! It is useful to remove the case off while you put it on charge or play heavy-duty games both activities can cause overheating. Therefore, it is advisable to remove the phone case to allow it to breathe.
Use rugged cases when on adventure sports
If you are an adventure junky, it is always best to add multi-layer protection (Otter box) to your device.
The debate on whether a smartphone case serves the purpose is eternal. But the tips mentioned above should help in maintaining the device’s health for a long and increase its resale value. While the phone will surely look presentable with a smart case, are you ready to shop yours? Check out the prices online.