The Coby Kyros MID9742-8 tablet is a powerful and flexible internet and entertainment solution with a 9.7-inch capacitive touch screen and intuitive Android 4.0 operating system (Ice-Cream Sandwich). Get access to thousands of applications from GetJar marketplace with plenty of games, social media, and productivity tools to meet your needs. With sleek and stylish Coby tablets, you can relax and enjoy your favorite music, 1080P HD videos, e-Books and photos. Enjoy doing more with Coby’s tablets.
Coby Kyros MID9742-8 Features:
- 9.7-inch LCD multi-touch capacitive widescreen 4:3 (1024×768 XGA)
- High-speed 1 GHz processor
- 1GB of RAM for seamless multi-tasking
- Browse the web, watch Youtube videos, check e-mail, and much more with Android 4.0
- Connect to the Internet wirelessly with high-speed networking support (Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n)
- Use HDMI to connect and enjoy 1080p HD videos on your HDTV (Cable not included)
- E-book reader: Download and read thousands of books (ePub standard)
- Pre-Installed Apps: GetJar Marketplace, eReader, eMusic, Browser, Calendar, Email, Clock, Calculator, Gallery (photos and videos)
Coby Kyros MID9742-8 9.7-Inch Tablet Review
It is less than half price of any other 10″ tablet out there, I will give it a “like” rating and deal with what it doesn’t do. But the HBO GO thing was a major blow and the big reason behind losing a whole star. I’ve heard that they are supposed to be coming out with a new version of the app that I can get to and will work on this O/S, but my fingers are still crossed on that. However the Gaming Experience in this Table is Seamless. I’ve tried playing PUBG Mobile in this Coby Kyros MID9742-8 Table, and found there’s no lag at-all while playing.
What makes this Tablet different than it’s competitors?
- This takes a very small, 5V DC power supply, which is unusual to me.
- It is an unsupported Google device = no Play app store, and still can’t figure out how to get HBO GO to work on it, and can’t get Facebook created app (unless someone tells me where else you can download it from!)
- Has a very sensitive power button – last 3 times I’ve put it in my backpack for use at work, the power button has been hit in transit and I arrive with it drained and unusable. Could probably be remedied by buying a better case than by using the slipcover it comes with.
- Back button often exits you out of something, rather than taking you to your last page/position.
- Playing Games is a Treat in this Table.
- Browser, while effective, does not have near the same functionality as the browser on my PC.
- Browser feels slow to me, and it’s annoying.
- Sound quality was surprisingly good for what it is.
- Keyboard is awesome and works really well, which surprised me.
- Absolutely zero lag in streaming of either music or video – win!!!
- You can still do lots of great stuff, like use other social media apps that allow you to view Facebook, or use the browser for it (can’t get browser version of HBO GO however, *sad clown face*).
- Use Amazon app store for lots of good stuff even if you can’t use Google Play app store – the Get Jar app store was surprisingly limited. Might just be the brand new O/S.
- Picks up home WiFi & mobile Hotspot (WiFi from my phone) just great, never had a problem with that!
- Renders books really well and is fun to use for reading.